Akter, DaisyAsst. Professor
English Literature & Language
M.A in ELT,University of Dhaka. M.A in English Literature, Jahangirnagar University. B.A(Honors)in English,Jahangirnagar University
*Assistant Professor in English at United International University from 2011 till the date. * Joined as a full time Lecturer at United International University in 2009. * Taught as a Lecturer at Shanto- Mariam University of Creative Technology , Uttara, Dhaka from 2008 – 2009. * Taught as a full time Lecturer in the Dept. of English at Uttara University, Uttara, Dhaka from 2006- 2007.
* I got Junior Scholarship in 1992. *I got stipend for excellent results in S.S.C, H.S.C & B.A. (Hons.) examinations.
* My area of interests covers ELT,English Literature.
- One of my articles titled “Incorporating teachers’ own materials /adapted materials in context of ELT classrooms at the tertiary level in Bangladesh’’ has been published at Harvest: Jahangirnagar University Studies in Language and Literature, Vol. 32, 2016-2017.
- My article titled ‘Role Play in the English Language Classroom at the Tertiary Level in Bangladesh’ is published by European Centre for Research Training and Development, United Kingdom ( eajournals.org/…/vol-5-issue-9-december-2017 ) .
- My article titled ‘Conrad’s Heart of Darkness: the Existentialist Issues in the Text’ has been published at Harvest: Jahangirnagar University Studies in Language and Literature, Vol. 25, 2010.